08 May 2023 Job Advert: Policy Advisor for Social Acceptance of Hunting
Job Title: Policy Advisor for Social Acceptance of Hunting
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Job Type: Full-time, 1 year
FACE is the European Federation for Hunting and Conservation. Representing the interests and values of Europe’s 7 million hunters, FACE is an international organisation with its membership comprised of national hunters’ associations from 37 European countries. One of the primary objectives of FACE is to pool the common interests of its Members to promote sustainable hunting and conservation in Europe. FACE’s vision is for a Europe rich in biodiversity and sustainable hunting opportunities. FACE has its headquarters in Brussels with 14 staff.
About the Role:
In line with its strategy for 2027, FACE is seeking a Policy Advisor for Social Acceptance of Hunting to join its team in Brussels. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating FACE’s efforts to assess and promote the social acceptance of hunting across Europe. This will involve developing and implementing policies and strategies in conjunction with FACE Members that address public concerns about hunting, building alliances with key stakeholders, and promoting the positive contributions that hunting makes to society and the environment.
- Work with FACE Members to assess and understand the social acceptance of hunting in Europe.
- Develop a toolkit of the different approaches taken at national level to assess and improve social acceptance of hunting.
- Develop and implement policies and strategies to promote the social acceptance of hunting across Europe.
- Build alliances with key stakeholders to promote understanding of hunting and to address public concerns.
- Develop and implement communication strategies with Members to promote the positive contributions that hunting makes to society and the environment.
- Provide policy advice and support to FACE’s member associations on social acceptance issues.
- Represent FACE in relevant forums and events, and promote FACE’s mission and values.
- Relevant educational experience in fields such as communications, political science, or environmental studies.
- At least 3 years of experience in policy advocacy, public affairs, or communications.
- Knowledge of European institutions and the policymaking process.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and the role of hunting in sustainable wildlife management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, with additional European langauges being an asset.
As our contracts fall under Belgian law, the candidate must commit to being officially registered in Belgium and working most of the time from our office in Brussels. This currently entails structural teleworking (with at least 3 days in the office per week).
How to apply?
If you are passionate about promoting the social acceptance of hunting and have the skills and experience required for this role, we encourage you to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1) cover letter (one page max.), 2) your CV, and 3) a 1 page max. Task consisting of three sections, describing:
- The importance of society for sustainable hunting.
- Core messages about sustainable hunting of interest to society.
- Working with and harnessing knowledge from FACE Members.
Deadline for Application: 2 June 2023, 18:00 CET
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please note that we will ask shortlisted candidates to provide two references. For questions, please contact email@example.com