Women hunters in Europe on the rise.
The face of hunting is changing. In the past decade more women are joining Europe’s hunting community, actively engaging in conservation and championing sustainable hunting, and a real connection with nature.
FACE is putting a special focus on women hunters. The proportion of women in the hunting community varies between different regions; the numbers are highest in the Nordic countries, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands. In Norway 12% of hunters are women and in Germany every tenth hunter is a woman.
The number of women hunters has risen noticeably in recent years; Norway saw an increase of 60% in the number of women hunters over the last 10 years. This development is likely due in great part to the Norwegian Association of Hunters and Anglers’ (NJFF) focus on recruiting women hunters and anglers. The NJFF started the “NJFF Jenter” initiative which aims to encourage and integrate women into the organisation.
In January 2016, the first Lady Hunt took place in Latvia, the moto: Ladies are shooting, men go as beaters.
FACE would like to learn more about hunting women and their motivations, challenges and viewpoints. Please help us to show the world what really is, and that women hunt too by taking 5 minutes to answer some quick questions.
- Read about Maja Čanjevac from Croatia here.
- Read about The Diana Club of the Polish Hunting Association here.
- Read about Ivana Jambreković and Kristina Tarnaj from Croatia here.
- Read about Kairit Kiin from Estonia here.
- Read about Sanja Momčilović Bognič from Serbia here.
- Read about Yaiza Herrero from Spain here.
- Read about Woman the Hunter –project here.
- Read about Jacine Jadresko from Croatia here.
- Read about Pauline van der Putten from the Netherlands here.
- Read about Rachel Carrie from the UK here.
- Read about Lucía Rubio from Spain here.
- Read about Linda Dombrovska from Latvia here.
- Read about Tula Stapert from the Netherlands here.
- Read about Dorota Durbas-Nowak from Poland here.
- Read about Anne Tölli from Finland here.
- Read about Dorthe Bundgaard Boedker Olesen from Denmark here.
- Read about Esperanza Vielva from Spain here.
- Read about Milosava Matejevec from Serbia here.
- Read about Dolores Carga from Slovenia here.
- Read about Carina Langeland from Sweden here.