"The Economic Value of Hunting in the EU" Conference
European conference on the Economic Value of Hunting to be held by the “Biodiversity, Hunting, Countryside” Intergroup at the European Parliament in Brussels on September 27th, 2016.
Hunting is a popular activity throughout Europe and plays an important conservation, economic and cultural role within society.
During this conference we will explore the various economic dimensions of hunting in Europe. Presentations and discussions will feature on the economic impact of hunting at national, European and industry levels.
We will also discuss how the economics of hunting can be better integrated into future national and EU policies on conservation and rural development as well as ongoing approaches towards evaluating ecosystem services.
The meeting is organized by FACE in cooperation with the President of the Hunting Intergroup, MEP Karl-Heinz Florenz and the Vice President of the Hunting Intergroup, MEP Renata Briano, who will chair the meeting.
- Jyrki KATAINEN, Vice President of the European Commission
- Dr Michl EBNER, FACE Vice President
- Alain DURAND, Vice President of the Féderation Nationale des Chasseurs
- Kate IVES, BASC Senior Business Intelligence Officer
- Manfred KIND, Business Representative and CEO of AKAH
Follow up this conference: